17th Annual Sugarloaf Crafts Festival
275 Acclaimed Artisans to Showcase Contemporary Crafts
and Fine Art in Somerset, NJ
Are you looking for a great way to introduce your kids to crafts and fine art? Well, next weekend a great festival will be in town and you will have the opportunity to attend for free! Kids under 12yrs are free anyway, but your admission will be free too! The organizers have given me 6 tickets to give away. Simply put your kid's favorite form of art–whether it's drawing, painting, collage, etc. And, if you're feeling generous also leave an art or craft tip below and I'll give two tickets to the first three facebook commenters at: http://www.facebook.com/mirabest
Friday, October 28 through Sunday, October 30, 2011
Garden State Exhibit Center
50 Atrium Drive
Somerset, NJ 08873
- Friday, October 28 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday, October 29 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sunday, October 30 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Admission (valid all three days):
- Adults $7 online; $9 at the door
- Children under 12 free
- Parking free
More than 275 of the nation’s most accomplishedcraftspeople will personally show and sell their handmade works. The jury-selected artists will offer thousands of one-of-a-kind crafts, including functional and decorative pottery, sculpture, glass, jewelry, fashion, wood, metal, furniture, home accessories, photography, and fine art.
The Sugarloaf Crafts Festival in Somerset will feature:
- The special show theme, “New This Season,” will showcase the latest styles and techniques in American craft.
- Gourmet foods and seasonal favorites—including candies and chocolates, hearty soups, artisan breads, jams and dips, syrups, and olive oils—will be available to sample and purchase from dozens of specialty food purveyors.
- Master craftspeople will provide continuous live demonstrations of wood turning, copper spinning, nuno felting, stone sculpture, and other media.
- Family entertainment will include interactive puppet theater, and live contemporary music.