This past weekend I had the opportunity to visit a new playspace in Emerson: Kids Party, Play and Tumble (website coming soon) with my three-year- old daughter and 17 month-old-son. Located at 465 Old Hook Road in the Emerson Plaza on the lower level behind ShopRite, you will find owner Steve Garbatow and his staff ready 7 days a week to give your children an immense amount of fun!
Yes, moms and dads–you read that correctly they are open 7 days a week from 9:30 AM until 5:30 PM. Uniquely different from other playspaces, open gym time is all day from open until close. What totally amazed me was that Steve does not put a time constraint on the fun – you pay one price and stay for as little or as long as you would like.
When you enter the playspace you will notice that it is divided into 3 different play areas; bounce area, educational play area and sports area. Included in the bounce area are 3 bounce houses and 2 bounce games; skeeball and a baseball tee. The educational area is completely comprised of Melissa and Doug products. Being a mom of two little ones I have come to love Melissa and Doug products, they are not only realistic looking but are also amazingly durable.
In the educational area you will find a kitchen area with shopping carts, musical instruments, train tables, numerous puzzles, table top toys and so much more. The sports area has basketball nets and soccer nets as well as other sports- related games. For the children on the younger side there are several ride-on Little Tikes cars and bikes for them to use throughout the playspace.
Although my children are two different ages and at two different stages of playing and learning, they had a blast and did not want to leave when it was time to go. They loved going from the bounce houses to playing in the kitchen area and then to playing with some of the puzzles. There were so many activities and options to keep them busy and happy for the 3 hours that we were there. Since there are so many options for children and they are free to play with what they want to, the three hours went by so fast.
Plus, the playspace area has only one entrance and exit so you do not have to worry about your child or children wandering into another room without you and getting out.
Now, onto the tour:
My son climbing into one of the bounce houses.
My daughter playing the baseball tee game.
Having fun vacuuming in the kitchen area.
Ride on bikes and vacuuming.
- Recommended for children ages 1 to 7 years old.
- Socks are required and will be available for purchase.
- Shoe cubbies are available so you do not have to carry them around.
- Snacks and drinks are available to purchase and are priced reasonably.
- There are chairs and tables located throughout the playspace for parents.
- $10 per child.
- Grand Opening Special – 6 sessions for $29.
- 10 sessions for $80 or 20 sessions for $130.
- Parents are always free.
- Sessions never expire and they are transferable.
- Separate party space with tables and chairs for a meal, cake, presents or parents to relax.
- Grand Opening Special – Party for 10 children $95, includes use of playspace area and use of party space.
- Party for 15 children $275 and $12 each additional child, includes use of playspace area, party space, paper goods, pizza and juice boxes.
- Minimum of 10 children to book a party with a maximum of 28 children.
- Playspace area during parties available.
- Special events for Halloween, Christmas, Hanukkah and Easter.
- Kids Night Out – Friday Nights – $10 an hour per child for members, $12 for nonmembers, 2 1/2 hour maximum with a 3 children to 1 adult ratio. Perfect for a date night.
- Dance, yoga and gymnastics classes.